Moved

The new bug/feature tracker:
http://tweaker.userecho.com/

Moved

Categories

1. When using a multirow taskbar, there is empty space under the arrow button that brings up hidden systray icons that is not considered empty space by 7 Taskbar Tweaker, so double clicking or middle clicking on it will not perform the actions set in 7TT. If this space were seen as empty taskbar space, those with multirow taskbars would not need to use the "Reserve empty space on taskbar" feature that eats up available taskbar space.

29 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. If you use a vertical taskbar, its minimum width is restricted to about 62 pixels. However, it still works fine with small icons and 32 pixel width (everything below makes the small icons look scrambled) - I used CheatEngine to test this. It would be nice to allow such a minimum width with 7+ Taskbar Tweaker.

29 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. hide mouse cursor with configurable seconds delay to hide cursor

29 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. The start button is gone in Windows 8, but Microsoft added a gap to left side (top side if vertical) of the taskbar.
    This gap is a waste of space especially in vertical taskbars and if you are not using the Start screen or Windows 8 Style / "Metro" Apps or even disabled the corner actions through hacks.
    Add an option to remove this start gap.

29 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. The alt-tab menu in Windows 7 only sorts the first 6 or so windows by their z-ordering (most-recently-used). All other windows are roughly alphabetized, with some other strange rules applied. This means that checking several windows will push less-recently-used windows into an unpredictable place later in the list based on their names and other factors, while names aren't even visible in the alt-tab menu unless the window's icon is highlighted. Previous versions of Windows sorted exclusively by z-ordering, keeping recently used windows near the top where a user would expect them to be.

I realize this isn't a piece of…

29 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I would like to tweak the size of the pinned icons so it can be viewed at 24 x 24 pixels (Medium size), as it showed in this link: http://ludomatico.deviantart.com/art/Windows-8-Taskbar-Concept-201760737?q=gallery%3Aludomatico%2F25792352&qo=10

29 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. If a taskbar is minimized through the auto-hidden option, there are still 2 pixel rows / columns visible. Make it possible that these get hidden, since they look ugly.

Probably the taskbar triggers the event to get shown again if the mouse moves over these, so you probably have to change only the opacity to slightly above 0 instead of hiding it.

29 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Can you have the application open where it is instead of at the end of the taskbar?

29 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. 29 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Right click standard window menu does not work properly with some applications (e.g. Zoomplayer, Download Master).

Menu instantly dissappears after click, so you have to click fast several times to make it stay.

29 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. 29 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Is it possible to adjust the size of the windows? Such a thing would be more useful while maintaining full. Thanks

29 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 1.Ctrl+A to select all. 2. A checkbox is needed to hide display of non-running pinned apps. Checkbox state should get saved. 3. AppID should be a separate column and the first column should be one which fetches the name of the app.

29 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I noticed that support for Ultramon was denied on the foundation that it does not have an implementation of combining tray icons.

DisplayFusion does, however, and works remarkably similar to the real taskbar provided in Windows 7.

Is it possible to provide support for DisplayFusion in the future? It'd be amazing :)

29 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. When "Always show all icons and notifications on the taskbar" is unchecked in Control Panel > Notification Area Icons, Windows 7 defaults all new tray icons to "Only show notifications". I'd like to see an option in 7 Taskbar Tweaker to change that default. As is, I waste far too much time launching the Notification Area Icons applet each and every time a new icon is created to change it to "Show icon and notifications".

Incidentally, I'd also like to be able to launch the Notification Area Icons applet by middle-clicking the "Show hidden icons" button.

29 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Windows 7 offers different actions when middle clicking on a taskbar button compared to middle clicking on a taskbar pop-up preview.

Taskbar Tweaker has configuration settings for middle clicking on a taskbar button, but it has no setting to define what happens when you middle click on a taskbar pop-up preview.

By default, middle clicking on the preview pop-up causes the application to close, but I'd rather have the close function happen when middle clicking on the taskbar button itself. I'd therefore like middle clicking on a preview pop-up to do something else (so that the same 'close' function is…

29 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. If you drag a file to an empty space in the taskbar, minimize all applications and show desktop. Draging to the far right to minimize everything is annoying.

29 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Hi,

I want have 2 pinned items on the same application but with different command line options.

So, I started both, set random app id on each windows and pinned them in taskbar. OK

Now, if i click on item, app started but random app id is not set and a new item are added on the bar.

Can you fix this ?

Great app
    Thanks lot

29 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Excellent utility! What I would love to see is some way to create/save/load (manually or autoload at program start) custom rules. For example, I have two apps I always open and do work in, and I like to keep them together. For this I have to open the Taskbar Inspector every time, select the windows, then set their App IDs to something common so that the windows are grouped and combined together. It would be nice if I can create a rule that A.exe and B.exe should always automatically be grouped and combined when run. This would be simply…

29 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I know that the Windows 7 Start Button Changer can do the first for normal themes, but it does not work in the Classic Theme. Once you find the place of the graphics it should be really simple to replace it with the normal Orb or something personal, as it isn't animated in classic. The same goes for the ShowDesktopButton which looks out of place in a normal Superbar in the Classic Theme as well...

29 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?